The school is sited in a peaceful, rural setting, near the village church. There are beautiful views over Oldbury, the surrounding countryside and across the River Severn. It was founded by Public Subscriptions and a government grant in 1854 and given Voluntary Controlled status in 1950.
Our intention is to provide a caring, stimulating and welcoming environment within which each child will build his or her esteem and self confidence. These personal attributes enable the acquisition of skills, concepts and knowledge that will equip them for life.
Our latest Ofsted report stated that we are a good school and noted:
"The curriculum is outstanding because of the extremely carefully planned broad range of experiences provided.