Our Vision and Ethos
Our vision statement is ‘Love one another as I have loved you’ (John15:12) this is supported by our Golden Rules.
- respect others – care, share & listen
- respect ourselves – believing in ourselves
- succeed – do our best
- are honest – showing others they can trust us
- are responsible – thinking about our actions
These Golden Rules also form the basis of our Oldbury School prayer. Our vision statement and Golden Rules were devised in conjunction with staff, governors, parents and children.
We have attained a number of Awards:
- Healthy Schools Award
- Arts Mark (Silver)
- Eco – Schools Award (Bronze) – we are currently working towards our Silver award.
- OPAL (Outdoor Play and Learning) awards – Gold Standard
- Sing-Up Award – Silver
We have recently developed an Ethos Committee made up of members of staff, parents and Governors. The values we have chosen to particularly promote in our school are: creativity, peace, trust, forgiveness, thankfulness, friendship, truthfulness, generosity, respect, perseverance, responsibility.