Our School currently receives a grant of approx. £16,428.00 for sports funding. Our aims for this investment are:
- To improve our children’s PE skills.
- To increase the breadth and quality of PE across the school.
- To increase sports and healthy living opportunities for our children in lunchtimes and after school.
- To increase teachers’ subject knowledge and professional development in this area.
- To invest funds during the grant period to ensure sustainable practice into the future.
We have employed ‘Superstars’ PE coaching for all classes across the school. Coaches will team teach our children in PE lessons and also run extra curricular basketball and football clubs, we will also be learning new sports in 2020-2021 and receiving drama/dance – based workshops. The cost of this is £15,400.00 per annum.
Qualified ‘Superstars’ coaches work alongside our school staff so that after funding has ceased, our children will continue to benefit.
Any remaining amount will be allocated to sports equipment and future initiatives which work towards achieving our aims, as outlined above. We have recently spent £1133.44 on sports equipment to support the learning of new sports. We are also investing approximately £2500.00 in our new Sports Breakfast Club for our ‘hard to reach’ families.
10 out of 11 of our Year 6 pupils can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at lest 25 metres, using a range of strokes effectively.